I studied computer science at the University of Würzburg, Germany, where I received my diploma degree in 2012. After this I joined the Chair of Communication Networks, lead by Prof. Wolfgang Kellerer, at the Technische Universität München in June 2012. In Mai 2018, I received the degree Doktor-Ingenieur (Dr.-Ing.) from the Technische Universität München with distinction (summa cum laude, Link). I am currently working as a postdoctoral-researcher and associate lecturer at the Chair of Communication Networks. Since January 2019, I am also proud to be a Senior Research Fellow at the Communication Technologies Group, Faculty of Computer Science, University of Vienna, lead by Prof. Stefan Schmid. My research is focused on flexible and predictable network virtualization, virtualizing software-defined networks, as well as data-driven networking, including architecture, system, and algorithm design.
Certifications and Attended Seminars
- Qualification Program at the Graduate Center Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering
- Effektives Führen von Studierenden (14 Stunden)
- Scientific Writing (16 hours)
- PhD Supervisor Training (two-day workshop)
- Teaching in English
- Project Management for Researchers (two-day workshop)
- Führend Wissen Schaffen (6 Stunden)
- Serious Creativity - Develop New Solutions in a Systematic Way (two-day workshop, 14 hours)
- Best Student Paper Award at IFIP/IEEE IM for the paper “sfc2cpu: Operating a Service Function Chain Platform with Neural Combinatorial Optimization”, Bordeaux, France, Virtual Conference, 2021
- Best Demo Award at NetSys, Munich, Germany, 2019
- Nominated for Best Paper Award IFIP Networking, Warsaw, Poland, 2019
- Best Dissertation in Network and Service Management 2018, awarded by IEEE IM 2019 Dissertation Committee
- Kurt Fischer Promotionspreis 2018, awarded by Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Technical University of Munich
- Accepted for postdoc grant of the internationalization program at the Technical Faculty of IT and Design, Aalborg University, 2018
- Best-In Session Presentation Award, awarded by IEEE INFOCOM 2018 TPC
- Student Travel Grant CNSM, 2016
- Student Travel Grant IM, 2015
- NetBOA: Self-Driving Network Benchmarking. Zerwas, J.; Kalmbach, P.; Henkel, L.; Rétvári, G.; Kellerer, W.; Blenk, A.; and Schmid, S. In Proc. Workshop on Network Meets AI & ML (NetAI’19), pages 1-7, 2019.
- NeuroViNE: A Neural Preprocessor for Your Virtual Network Embedding Algorithm. Blenk, A.; Kalmbach, P.; Zerwas, J.; Jarschel, M.; Schmid, S.; and Kellerer, W. In Proc. IEEE INFOCOM, pages 1-9, April 2018.
- o’zapft is: Tap Your Network Algorithm’s Big Data!. Blenk, A.; Kalmbach, P.; Schmid, S.; and Kellerer, W. In Proc. ACM SIGCOMM Workshop Big-DAMA, of Big-DAMA ‘17, pages 19-24, August 2017. ACM
- Control Plane Latency With SDN Network Hypervisors: The Cost of Virtualization. Blenk, A.; Basta, A.; Zerwas, J.; Reisslein, M.; and Kellerer, W. IEEE Trans. on Netw. and Serv. Manage., 13(3): 366-380. September 2016.
- Survey on Network Virtualization Hypervisors for Software Defined Networking. Blenk, A.; Basta, A.; Reisslein, M.; and Kellerer, W. IEEE Commun. Surveys & Tutorials, 18(1): 655-685. 2016.